10.14.2008

Ghyaaak!!!!

That's my noise for today!

I just looked at my calendar and am panicking slightly! I've got so much to do before Christmas! Only 2 months to go and I've gotta be ready!!! Ghyaaaaak!


I've got: Books to find, things to crochet and sew, presents to pick/buy & make/finish...


I just came up with the cutest thing to try to make for Lexi, though! An "Elbow" puppet! Cute idea, huh? I've got a puppet body pattern, and I could probably manage a big orange nose. But what to do for eyes? Hmmm.....

Too bad I'm such a crappy sewer. But if I make enough things, I'll get better (right?!?!)!


I was totally going to make two sets of the little animals & apron that I'm attempting to make for Abi, but it's not happening. I've been working on 6 animals for 6 months -- there's supposed to be 10 total. Maybe I'll get eight done. And they're even super easy! (They are, however, adorable! I'll take pictures and post them to see after they're gifted away!)


And then whatever hairbrained idea inspired me to try to sew another baby blanket (what didn't I learn from the first one?!) for my upcoming niece.


And now I'm feeling bad 'cause I made a recieving blanket for Lacey's Abi, and now this next baby. But I skipped Nickie's Alexa! That's not fair! So, maybe if I can learn to sew decently, I'll get one "whipped-up" (haha!) for Lexi. I'd like to think I'm sort of a fair Aunt!


And what about Cindy's Sariah and Isaac? What do they get?


Is it fair to only make presents for one of our families? I really don't think so! But if they didn't know...maybe, right? But I can't keep my mouth shut for BEANS! I blab things randomly. "You should have seen what I made for my brother's little girl! But nope, I didn't make anything for yours!" Ummm.... Yeah... I'm bad... So that's not gonna work! All or nothin', I guess...


So then I ask, if a person makes gifts for some of the people, is it necessary to make things for the other ones? Or is buying OK?


And is it fair to give something to my nieces and nephews and not our younger siblings (Holly, Zac, and Jake)?


What about the rest of the family? Will they be upset if we show up for stuff for the smaller people and not the bigger people?


What if we want to show up with stuff for everybody? (But Holy Moo! (He He He! I crack myself up! Moo!) does that inspire some fear! And more things to worry about! Lets see...Moms, Dads, 6 siblings each, almost half of whom are married, 5 niephews (cute, huh?) equals... roughly 25 presents... That sounds unreasonable. We only "have to" show up with like 6 or maybe 7, but... that's no fun! Maybe some happy medium... hmmm...


Ghyaaaak!!! This did not make it better! Now I'm even more confused than I was before! And darn it all! I'm stuck at work, where I can't sew or crochet, or anything! I can type... And I guess I could shop online, if I knew what to shop for...


GHYAAAKKK!!!!! *Pull hair out now!*


I wonder if this is why I've always got a headache? I can't chill out?

No comments: