10.20.2008

NO!!! NO!!! NO!!!

I will NOT be sick!
The flu is going around my office... And I may have caught the bug! ("And you caught me, Mim!") Drat!!! But if I catch this strain... how many more will I have to catch this winter? None or 5? Sometimes I do well and sometimes... not so well. *Sigh*
On the plus side... well, there really isn't on this one. Just that I haven't vomited... yet. I just feel like it.

I'm going to the Dr. today (for my headaches and depression) FINALLY! About time! I *wish* there was just some magical cure for migraines, but, alas, I doubt there is.
Hopefully she'll give me lots of lovely drugs to 1. Prevent my migraines. (I have them often enough that I should qualify.) 2. Make them go away, once I already have them. 3. Get rid of my depression. Between the moving far away from anyone I already knew, the constant pain, and the already depressed me, I'm a little miserable. Almost all the time.
I have been feeling a little less depressed since I've started working. Now if only I could look forward to coming here... I'd have it made! It's not a bad job. Just a job.

I did learn the other day that my Mom has had migraines for practically all her life! (That would have been nice to know... like years ago, when mine started!)
We were talking about how I'm usually "sensitive" (sounds better than killed) by 1 or 2 of the following: light, sound, or movement, but rarely all three.
Mom: "I was always sensitive to all 3."
Me: "You had migraines?"
Mom: "uh, yeah! (Duh!) I thought you knew that. Remember how I used to go into my room and close the door and lay on my bed with the light of and say 'Shhh... Don't touch me... Get off the bed... Shhh... Go away... Shhhh... Don't touch the bed... Go away... Shhhh'?"
Me: "OH YEAH!" I'm like "hmmm... never clicked."

Guess that means my headaches weren't just started from that stupid jack "incident." Maybe I won't have to have another MRI afterall! That'd be sweet. They're so LOUD! And it's killer hard to hold really still!

No comments: