4.17.2009

Pictures of my things!

Hi world!

So, lots has been happening here, but ummm.... mostly I'm going to ignore it 'cause I feel no obligation to catch up on everything!

It's time for sharing time! :)

So, back before Christmas, I was working on some Christmas presents... One of which was an apron with little pockets on it,
and some animals to go in it.
Cute little apron and animals, huh? I'm super proud of how well it all turned out!
The pockets are "specially designed" -- by me -- to hold these 3 to 4 inch tall animals...

I had every intention of making 2 aprons and animal sets, one for by brother's little girl A,and one for Hal's brother's little girl L. Well, I successfully made one...
A really liked it though! She likes her "pockets".

Hopefully I'll have the other one made by L's birthday, or next Christmas! I really think she'd have fun with them too! (Or maybe as a "congrats, you're a big sister" present?)
Another thing I made was a baby blanket for E (my brother Sky and his wife Lacey's) newborn daughter (born Dec. 10th). It only took me... lets see... 5 whole months to make! And I never would have succeeded without Jenn's help! Thanks Jenn! You saved me! :)
I was super proud of myself for this one too!

And the good news is... I finished my next one, for (Hal's brother and wife) Nick and Nickie's upcoming baby girl just recently! I'm months ahead of schedule! She's not due until July! :)
I'll post pictures as soon as I get around to taking them...


I've also been crocheting bags, I made one for L for Christmas (in sherbet colors! It looked delicious!) but I neglected to take a picture of it.

And then when A fell of a chair at her house and shattered her elbow, I made her one, too. (If she can't use both hands, she needed some way to carry things!)
And just barely I made a family of butterflies for A's 2nd birthday (which was earlier this month...) Whew!

I think next I'll attempt to finish the apron I've started for L, and make some animals, and maybe crochet an Elmo ball that I found a pattern for...

That is after I find me a house!

I've been trying to come up with something that I can make for S (who's turning 7 in July) and I (who's turning 4 in September). And something I can make for Christmas next year for my brother Ben, who'll be 18 and getting ready to go on a mission (we hope!). Hmmm....

2 comments:

JenChiz said...

I'm so glad you're still alive, I was starting to wonder! Stop and say hi next time you go through slc!

Bradbury Bunch said...

DANI! THAT APRON WITH THE LITTLE ANIMALS IS SOOOOOOOOOO CUTE! How do you do it girl?!? Lexi has been having so much fun with all the little crochet butterflies and Elmo. If you need a Christmas present idea for her that apron and animals would be PERFECT! I wish I could make her one. Or better yet, I wish we were neighbors so you could teach me how to make her one! She's really into little toys like that and putting things in and out of pockets. The other day Chloe was wearing overalls and I saw a little care bear figurine in her front pocket...put in by...Miss Alexa! :)

So glad I found your blog!