10.11.2008

Why can't we just remove our heads?

I've been thinking lately that it might be kind of fun to be a Lego person. I could just decide I didn't like the head I was wearing, and pick a new one... Or maybe just wander around headless all day. That also might be fun...


A few weeks ago, I went to the Dr. after I got off of work. I had a migraine. It just so happened to be my third migraine in the last 8 days. They were lasting about 2 days. You do the math.Anyways, why is it that most Dr. offices don't do Dr. appointments after 5 pm? If they have a walk-in clinic, which this one does, why can't you make an appointment during those hours?


Anyways, the Doctor kindly gave me a shot of Toradol. Good stuff that is. Totally SWEET!!! And she gave me a prescription for some other kind of drug (Trazodone) that is supposed to help me not have migraines (preventative drug). I've been thinking it might be working.


And then this week came. My head has been pulsating. (Right above my left eye, along the side of my head, above my ear, 'til just behind my ear.) It's bad enough that if I touch my head, even to brush my hair, it hurts! Drat! I hate that!

And what's up with the brightness of the world? Huh? Why can't we just turn it all down? And why can't I have tinted contacts that will work just like sunglasses on my eyes? The eye Dr. laughed at me when I asked her that...

And why in the world does all electrical equipment have to hum?!?! And why do phones ring so shrilly? And why can't I wear earplugs and sunglasses all day, huh?!


Anyways, I've been fairly heavily drugged up the last couple of days. And IT'S NOT HELPING!!! I swear, sometimes my magic drugs fix it and sometimes they don't! What's up with that? Do I have different kinds of migraines that respond differently to different drugs or something? Not cool! I totally should have went to the walk-in clinic yesterday again for more Toradol. Hmmm... If I can't lick this one this weekend, maybe I will Monday. I've gotta break this "pain cycle!" Grrrrr!!!!


On the plus side, I took a nap this afternoon... I love naps... They're like the most magical-ist things EVER! They're the best thing after cheese! (Chocolate, cheese, naps. In that order.) I woke up feeling absolutely fantastical! I had energy and ... wait for it... NO headache! Absolutely NONE!! Yippee!!! I was so totally stoked! And now it's starting to come back again. Grrrrowl!!!

No comments: