10.28.2008

Uggghhh!!!

So, I'd just like to say... Topamax is kicking my butt! Well, sorta... I can deal with it, but it's sure got some killer neat side effects and I quote a few "Weakness, tiredness, drowsiness, dizziness, confusion, difficulty concentrating, tingling of the hands/feet, loss of appetite, diarrhea, impotence, and weight loss may occur." I haven't had the impotence one. Hmmm... strange... can't imagine why...
But the rest... check, check, and check. Super irritating! I even did what my mom suggested and don't think that I'll get any of them... and you know, they kind of took me by surprise. I knew that some people have tingly hands and feet and I'm like "whatever" and it's downright unpleasant! And I knew that lots of people have problems concentrating and speaking and I'm like "won't be me". Etc, etc, etc. It just seemed a little surreal, you know? It's like those commercials that say "possible side effects are..." and list every possible side effect known to man... I've always thought "really? No way do those really happen!" Well... sometimes... they do...

But I am starting to get feeling a little better.
My worst day was Tuesday. I spent the whole day feeling like I was sleep walking. I didn't function well at work and we all decided (me and the few people that up to that point knew what I was taking) that I had better start doing better 'cause totally out of it doesn't suit me for working! It's nice to be able to pick up the phone and say "good morning" and not go "ummm ornin". Apparently I was out of it enough that I had dazed expressions on my face all day. People kept laughing when they walked by. It wasn't very nice... But kinda funny...

Anyways, I just wanted to share that I'm starting to feel a little less side-effect kicked. However, if I don't have a headache (which I haven't, usually, this week) what's the problem again? Anyways, tomorrow I get to bump up the dosage again, so... we'll just see how next week goes.

My biggest problem so far, seems to be in verbal communication. I always have problems speaking, but lately... I can't come up with any of my words! It's terrible! I can't even describe stuff! There's just no thoughts in my brain to share with the world!

Or maybe the biggest problem is that for some reason I've developed a muscle twitch, but be it from the topamax or the prozac, or both... who knows! Anyways, my right leg twitches when I relax it. Sometimes quite violently. To prevent myself from kicking at undesired times, say... when driving down the road... I have to keep my right leg muscles tensed up. And then when the muscle spasms, it really hurts! A lot! But I don't jerk my leg. Just get a charlie horse...

Or maybe the biggest problem is that I'm not sleeping well anymore... not sure what drug to blame that one on...or just 'cause. I do know that I wake up sometimes with my muscle spasm thing...

Hmmm...

And today, I got lost, well, not literally, but, kinda.
I was trying to check my voice mail at work. And the code to dial into the voice mail box is 601, and then my phone extension is 9991#. Well, I got a little mixed up and couldn't figure out how to do it! I've checked my voice mail dozens and dozens of times and what do I pick up the phone and dial? 991#. (It's like a nice combination of my extension number and the 3 digit code I was supposed to be entering!) Does anyone know who/what that number is? Whatever it is, I called it twice before someone came over to see what I was so confused about. I felt like such a moron!
I hope it's not some big ol' bill to the company or something. But it rings...I'm just glad I didn't dial 911. That might have been awkward. And confusing! *Whew!!*

Anyways, maybe I'm doing as well on this current drug cocktail as I thought... ah, well, the quest for no headaches must continue! I will succeed!

No comments: